A Weekly Offering of This n That

Rainy Day is my alter ego. She is the little angel that sits on one shoulder and whispers in my ear to forgo that 6" piece of triple chocolate fudge with the four scoops of ice cream on it; she is also the little devil who sits on my other shoulder and convinces me that I can eat just one bite of each and be satisfied, and then laughs with such great abandon when in fact, I eat the whole thing, she falls off my shoulder. Mostly, Rainy Day helps me see the humor in living and, mostly, she encourages me down the right path. Not necessarily the straight and narrow one (how fun is that?) but the path that offers the most adventure and fun.


Monday, August 4, 2014

UFOs In My House

Yes, I have UFOs in my house, and it's finally time to get rid of a few. And what, you may be asking, are UFOs doing in my house? Alas, they reside here.

Daddy's Memorial Quilt: Into the Wild Blue Yonder
If you're a quilter, you've already figured it out – Un Finished Objects. Quilters have week-long retreats designed to finish UFOs, so I'm having my own, private, mini retreat (just me). Or, perhaps, this will be a maxi retreat, as it may take me a week or two of concentrated effort, maybe even three! ;-)

Right now, my list looks like this:


Daddy's photo, part of the label



  • ·      Sew label on finished quilt
  • ·      Trim and edge quilted quilt
  • ·      Sew buttons "seeds" on finished watermelon table runner
  • ·      Finish pulling threads on otherwise-finished Horse Heaven Hills table runner
  • ·      Quilt the quilt loaded on Big Bertha
  • ·      Quilt the following quilts that are ready:
  • ·                  Mother's Memorial Quilt
  • ·                  Uncle Carl's Memorial Quilt
  • ·                  Grandma & Skipper's Memorial Quilt
  • ·                  Memorial table topper from quilt retreat
  • ·                  Wall hanging made in Florida
  • ·                  Flower quilt
  • ·                  Snowball quilt
  • ·                  Quilt I made for my bed
  • ·      And, once those are all quilted, they need to be trimmed and edged
  • ·      Finish sewing all the quilts I've cut out and started
  • ·      Buy more flannel and finish flannel quilt
  • ·      Finish hand quilting wall hanging started in Oregon
  • ·      Finish hand quilting another wall hanging started in Oregon
  • ·      Edge and frame my "art quilt"
  • ·      Clean up the mess.

Mother's Memorial Quilt: Red Hibiscus

The list will change as more UFOs are found, and as items are crossed off.

There will be more photos, but probably not until next week. But you get the idea, yes?

My Small Art Quilt: Foggy Day at the Oregon Coast
 There are UFOs in my house, and they need to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment