A Weekly Offering of This n That

Rainy Day is my alter ego. She is the little angel that sits on one shoulder and whispers in my ear to forgo that 6" piece of triple chocolate fudge with the four scoops of ice cream on it; she is also the little devil who sits on my other shoulder and convinces me that I can eat just one bite of each and be satisfied, and then laughs with such great abandon when in fact, I eat the whole thing, she falls off my shoulder. Mostly, Rainy Day helps me see the humor in living and, mostly, she encourages me down the right path. Not necessarily the straight and narrow one (how fun is that?) but the path that offers the most adventure and fun.


Monday, November 24, 2014

The Big Freeze is Over (for now)

The last few days, we've had some serious cold—it didn't get above freezing until a couple days ago when a nice early morning (3:00am) wind got rid of the clouds and brought some warmth. We were fortunate here, we had no snow, just cold. Lots of cold.

Still, cold is a good reason (at least for me) to stay inside and work on projects. Which is what I did, most of the time. I mean, one does need to go forth for victuals now and again, doesn't one? Or learn to eat from an empty plate ;-)

At the horrible prospect of losing some of my most favored Gentle Readers, I will confess that yes, I stayed inside; I also got all my Winter Gifts finished, wrapped, and ready to deliver or mail. I'm sure there will be some I've forgotten about, but the panic is over. I even have my tree up, but won't turn the lights on until Friday. After all, I do not want to be responsible for the deaths of those cute baby reindeer! (I know. Most of you long ago gave up believing in elves and reindeer, and even Santa Clause, but I not only still believe, I see no reason to change.)

Oh, and I also managed to speak the right incantation, and the Christmas cactus allowed one bud to open, which I photographed and now have ordered my cards, which I will pick up today or tomorrow. In other words, Gentle Readers, I am, basically, ready to sit back and relax while many of you haven't even thought about the fact that the Winter Gift Season is rapidly approaching ;-)

For those of you still in need a few giftees, may I suggest a couple of books? Books make ideal gifts, and they last forever. One size fits everyone, they are easily shared, and can be read and enjoyed as often as wanted.

I'm partial to an anthology of short stores by S & H Publishing, Inc., called Short & Happy (or not). The book contains 36 short stories by 25 authors (including yours truly) from 7 countries. It can be obtained from your favorite bookseller, or directly from the publisher at http://sandhpublishing.com/Anthology.html — there is also a trailer for one of the stories by Maria Elizabeth McVoy on this page.

And, of course, if you have yet to buy your own copy of Madame Dorion: Her Journey to the Oregon Country, you may buy that from your favorite bookseller or, again, order it directly from the publisher at http://sandhpublishing.com/Madame_Dorion.html.

If you want even more books, after all does one ever have too many? go to http://sandhpublishing.com/index.html and check out the many books available.  


 For reviews of either book, please visit either GoodReads.com or Amazon.com.

Now, I'm going to get another cup of coffee, and enjoy the sunshine from the warmth of my office. Y'all have an exceptionally fine and wonderful week and be sure to stop by next Monday to see what Rainy Day has been up to. It will be news for us both, I'm sure ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment