A Weekly Offering of This n That

Rainy Day is my alter ego. She is the little angel that sits on one shoulder and whispers in my ear to forgo that 6" piece of triple chocolate fudge with the four scoops of ice cream on it; she is also the little devil who sits on my other shoulder and convinces me that I can eat just one bite of each and be satisfied, and then laughs with such great abandon when in fact, I eat the whole thing, she falls off my shoulder. Mostly, Rainy Day helps me see the humor in living and, mostly, she encourages me down the right path. Not necessarily the straight and narrow one (how fun is that?) but the path that offers the most adventure and fun.


Monday, November 17, 2014

Short & Happy (or not)

No, I am not referring to the status of my height, nor to the status of my emotions. Yes, I am short and yes, I am happy ;-)

The reference is to the latest book, an anthology published by my publisher, Short & Happy (or not) edited by Richard Bunning and Dixiane Hallaj. The book launch was Sunday, back in Purcellville, VA. Alas, too far for me to attend, so I'm doing the next best thing by 'launching' it from Living With Rainy Day.

This is a collection of 36 short stories by 25 authors from around the globe. From one Washington to the Other Washington, from Canada to Australia, from the UK to Greece. I'm pleased to say I know four of the authors in this book, and of course, I know me, so I guess that makes it five authors, eh?

Most of the stories are under 3,000 words—perfect to read as you wait for your appointment, or ride the bus to work, or while on your lunch hour. All of the stories are well written and will surely give you a few minutes of enjoyment, and perhaps, a few hours of escape. The stories appeal to all ages, from new adults to the silver-haired set.
 
Dixie Hallaj, my Publisher, signing a book for Purcellville mayor,
Kwasi Fraser with fellow author Bobbi Carducci looking on. Mayor
Fraser bought the first book of the Launch!
Short & Happy (or not) is available through the S & H Publishing, Amazon, and your local bookseller (they may have to order it for you). So far, all reviewers have given it either 4 stars or 5 stars. The contents of these stories will give something for everyone. One of the authors has produced a trailer for her story. Check it out here.


And the book is a perfect something for everyone's Winter Stocking. Beat the Black Friday rush, buy this collection of Short & Happy (or not) stories for your friends, your family, shucks, buy one for your dog, too. S/He will enjoy the delectable taste of the paper with the overtones of ink, if not the actual words themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment