A Weekly Offering of This n That

Rainy Day is my alter ego. She is the little angel that sits on one shoulder and whispers in my ear to forgo that 6" piece of triple chocolate fudge with the four scoops of ice cream on it; she is also the little devil who sits on my other shoulder and convinces me that I can eat just one bite of each and be satisfied, and then laughs with such great abandon when in fact, I eat the whole thing, she falls off my shoulder. Mostly, Rainy Day helps me see the humor in living and, mostly, she encourages me down the right path. Not necessarily the straight and narrow one (how fun is that?) but the path that offers the most adventure and fun.


Monday, November 3, 2014

Remember Old Time Radio Drama?

I do. And I write them, now and then, and surprisingly, old time radio shows are making a comeback--in the internet. And also surprisingly, mine get picked up by the wonderful folks at Radio Heyday, and produced.

Many years ago, I read a marvelous book by one of my favorite authors—Cloven Hooves –by Megan Lindholm. It is a story of Love (with a capital 'L') but not a romance, which I seldom read unless it is cross-genre into something I do read. The book was not well-received by many people as Megan touched on a topic that offended some. But, as you, Gentle Reader know, some people have very tiny, tight, and small minds and they could not see the beauty of the story, only their own tiny, tight, and small version thereof.

Megan no longer writes using her name, which is too bad. I miss her stories. She now writes under a different name, and her stories are equally as well done, but they are different from her earlier ones.

However, this blog is not about Megan, it is about my new radio drama, Grizz. It, too, is a Love story, though very different from Megan's. This is the story of two women, or females if you prefer, who find love and acceptance in each other's company. One woman is Homo sapien; the other is not.

Friends, true friends, come in all shapes, sizes, and species, and like gold, are to be found in some unexpected places. Spend 20 minutes and listen to a story of Love and Friendship written by yours truly, and produced and acted by the marvelous folks at Radio Heyday.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Gentle Readers everywhere, I present Grizz for your listening pleasure. Pictures provided by your own imagination.


And if you enjoyed Grizz, please check out the other dramas on Radio Heyday, especially the Show Archive where another of my stories is located, The Cure. Fill your mp3 with some great stories, expertly presented by Radio Heyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment