A Weekly Offering of This n That

Rainy Day is my alter ego. She is the little angel that sits on one shoulder and whispers in my ear to forgo that 6" piece of triple chocolate fudge with the four scoops of ice cream on it; she is also the little devil who sits on my other shoulder and convinces me that I can eat just one bite of each and be satisfied, and then laughs with such great abandon when in fact, I eat the whole thing, she falls off my shoulder. Mostly, Rainy Day helps me see the humor in living and, mostly, she encourages me down the right path. Not necessarily the straight and narrow one (how fun is that?) but the path that offers the most adventure and fun.


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rainy Day and the Winter Solstice!


Yes, Gentle Readers, today is the Winter Solstice, the first day of Winter and the shortest day of the year. And, in keeping with that spirit, Rainy Day thought you might like some almost-winter photographs from her yard.
Maple Leaf with Snow Dust

The First Snow of the season fell (okay, it dusted) a few weeks ago.

And then, we had Hoar Frost to coat everything in fairy dust.

Japanese Maple with Hoar Frost
And, Last but not Least, today is Wednesday, 21 December. You know what that means, don't you?

Shrub in front of house with Hoar Frost
We are already into Chanuka, the Festival of the Lights (20-28 December)
Christmas is 4 days away; New Years a mere week later.

Kwanzaa begins on Boxing Day (26 December)

Same shrub, turning leaves and Hoar Frost
There are many Holidays in the Winter, and whatever Holiday you Celebrate, Rainy Day hopes this year's will be the best, and your New Year will be filled with much song, happy dances, and daily laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment