A Weekly Offering of This n That

Rainy Day is my alter ego. She is the little angel that sits on one shoulder and whispers in my ear to forgo that 6" piece of triple chocolate fudge with the four scoops of ice cream on it; she is also the little devil who sits on my other shoulder and convinces me that I can eat just one bite of each and be satisfied, and then laughs with such great abandon when in fact, I eat the whole thing, she falls off my shoulder. Mostly, Rainy Day helps me see the humor in living and, mostly, she encourages me down the right path. Not necessarily the straight and narrow one (how fun is that?) but the path that offers the most adventure and fun.


Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Latte!

I'm late with this post, and I apologize. It difficult sometimes, to write when one has a houseguest ;-)

If you read last week's episode, you saw where I had two engagements to give a talk about Marie Dorion and to sign some books. Photos were taken at both events, and Phoebe Charbonneau of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center and Gift Shop, has graciously sent me some to share with you all.

Standing by the marquee announcing my talk in the theater.
Because I am so late in getting this written, and I have a writer's group to attend this morning, I'm going to leave Marie & Co. stranded in the winter icy cold and barren Blue Mountains, leaving you the photos by Phoebe Charbonneau of me.


Signing books

Were you there? Was this your book I signed?

 Thanks for coming! And supporting both an author AND the
Oregon Trail Shop


I wonder what Marie would think of her trip if she could come back today, and do it all over again in a car? With a camera? I wonder how much the scenery has changed, and how much it has remained the same?

I wish we had a photo of Marie to share, but alas, we do not.


Have a great rest of the week, and I'll try to be better about posting next week. Honest. Trust me. In the meantime, think of some questions to ask in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment