A Weekly Offering of This n That

Rainy Day is my alter ego. She is the little angel that sits on one shoulder and whispers in my ear to forgo that 6" piece of triple chocolate fudge with the four scoops of ice cream on it; she is also the little devil who sits on my other shoulder and convinces me that I can eat just one bite of each and be satisfied, and then laughs with such great abandon when in fact, I eat the whole thing, she falls off my shoulder. Mostly, Rainy Day helps me see the humor in living and, mostly, she encourages me down the right path. Not necessarily the straight and narrow one (how fun is that?) but the path that offers the most adventure and fun.


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baby, It's Cold Outside!


Rainy Day is not normally a fan of cold weather; however, as long as she has heat, and shelter, and doesn't have to venture forth it's all right. Snow is an added bonus – if one is going to be stuck inside, one should have beauty upon which to gaze. Rainy Day gets up in the morning, and usually greets the daylight with a cup of coffee, and her note pad, while rocking in her Grandmother's chair in the Frog Room. Yes, she writes poetry, mostly short poems, of a haiku style.

Locust Tree with Seed Pods
Seed pods
 in locust tree
wear white bridal veils













  
House Sparrow Nesting Box


Snow falls
wind blows
 more snow falls













Ice Covered Drain Chain



Icicles melt
one drop
at a time










Snow wraps
my world in
a muffler of silence.

Through the Window Screen






Inside, looking out













Snow covers my slanty windows.
I am warm and happy
inside watching out.




And, in the interest of honesty, it is now 45 degrees out her house, but when these pictures were taken, these poems written, it was much closer to 24 degrees out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment